Saturday, August 21, 2010

Life's a movie...

One of my favourite movie during twenties is "The Silver Dream Racer"... A story about a racer who persevere in winning the motoGP... The only upset is the racer died at the end of the movie after finally winning the race... How ironic!

Nowadays movies as such does not interest me anymore... No thanks to the latest computer generated image technology even though the movies look astonishingly great but lacks of some human values...

I went to the late night show last night with my wife and kids to watch "The Last Airbender" found myself snoring in the middle of the show... Even though the special effects was breathtaking I found the movie to be monotonous... I'm not "supporting" the lead character through his conquest... He's just a lame hero to me...

I guess the challenge of making better and bigger movies are making it losing the real human "feelings"... Contrary to the Malaysian movie industry, we are moving backwards served with all the spooky and scary ghost stories which does not relate to our current lifestyle and achievements... Maybe they found it easier to scare the audience rather than to lure them to the theatre... I have not watched a Malay movie in the cinema for a time I forgot how long... Not that I'm not patriotic but I do not want to live in a "haunted" future...

Sometimes, I just want to close my eyes and imagine living in the 25th century rather than taking myself back to the seventies when the bomohs ruled the village...

Does this "bomoh believer" really live amongst us nowadays? You'll be surprised...

No comments:

Post a Comment