Thursday, August 12, 2010

Change at 40

does it really happens?

not immediately but i will have to agree i've changed a lot since i hit this "life begins at..." age... life seems to look a little slower in pace rather than acting hectically during younger years...  i feel calmer... problems seems to bother me less... my passion towards car faded drastically... come to think of it until now i do not have the desire to change my car... i grinned through the Auto Magazines with no lust in my heart... now, isn't that something!!!

i seems to have lost my temper too... i smiled when a yuppie cut Q in front of me rudely... i would have blocked him, gave him the look, honk just to make him angry or worse gave him the magic finger 10 years back... i think it will benefit my heart too... no unnecessary stress...

in many occasions i stayed as the 'lastman' during motobike convoys... i waited patiently during mishaps... broken down bikes... losing their ways around... too many unplanned stops... countless breaks for chats... i breezed through it all without loosing my patients...

the biggest question is... will this character of mine stays until the end or its just an interim period? will i be aquiring the 'younger' me again with amplified magnitude or continue decending and becoming the holliest man alive? i kind of enjoying 'this' character now and slowly steering it into a more 'risk taking' middle age man... i went to the Sepang trackdays just to heighten my adrenelin... pushing myself to go lower while taking steep corners along my routine office ride... that's something i would have done during my younger days and its becoming more and more exciting each day...

Now... did i changed forward or merely spooling in things i wasn't able doing during earlier years? 

Will i change again at 50?

2 comments:

  1. 8 more years towards "the beginning of life"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your life but remember that time is always running out....

    ReplyDelete